The Guest List by Lucy Foley

The Guest List
My rating: ★★★☆☆

Imagine a wedding on a remote island off the coast of Ireland. The guests have made the crossing in choppy waters and the weather is getting worse, further isolating the island from the mainland. As night falls, you could easily get lost or trapped in the dark especially if you’ve had that extra glass of fizz. As the party gets into full sway, a body is found – whose is it and what exactly happened?

This books has everything of a great mystery : the seclusion and eeriness of the settings, the growing number of motives as the past unravels page by page, good pacing, and lots of intrigue.

BUT (I know you knew this was coming), the ending is a complete let-down on a brilliant promise. Such a shame really as it was doing so well - the way all the loose ends are tied up is just too unrealistic for me, too coincidental.

I *will* be giving The Hunting Party a shot!

View all my reviews

I read this book as part of the UNO-2021 Challenge on GoodReads (team Mystic Pizza).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sue's Big Book Summer Challenge - kick off post

Big Book Summer Reading Challenge 2020

Becoming by Michelle Obama