Sue's Big Book Summer Challenge - My Shorter List

When I recently published my original "shortlist" of books for this year's big book summer challenge hosted by Sue at BookByBook, I hadn't expected so many responses.  Thank you all so much for your thoughts and feedback on Blogger, Twitter and Instagram! 

I've compiled a shorter list for this year's Big Book Summer challenge: 






❶ The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
❷ The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
❸ The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
❹ The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
❺ Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
❻ The Testaments by Margaret Atwood
❼ The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes
❽ Scythe by Neal Shusterman

This is going to be really tough with only 13 weeks of challenge ahead.  I’ve crunched the numbers, and I need to increase my reading by about 20% - so wish me luck, and I'll be keeping you posted on my progress!

Comments

  1. Wow, what a great list, Elinor! You did a great job narrowing down your list to the best of the best! I've read the first 4 and loved them all and have heard great things about the last four and WANT to read them!

    Looks like an outstanding reading summer for you - enjoy!

    Sue

    2021 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I’m so grateful for all your responses here and on social media. I doubt I’d have been able to prune my list without them! I have started The Pillars of the Earth and it *is* promising! Looking forward to finding out what everyone else is reading this summer too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got so many responses that you could narrow your list down to what you were really interested in reading! This looks like a wonderful selection of books for the challenge, and I look forward to hearing about your progress. Good luck keeping with the challenge, and thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad for the help to be honest. Like yours my bookshelf is completely full. Heading off to visit yours right now!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sue's Big Book Summer Challenge - kick off post

Big Book Summer Reading Challenge 2020

Becoming by Michelle Obama